Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The fight.

As I lay in the dark, I got a nightmare. I jumped up startled, and dishevelled..
I dreamt I lost you.
As I tumbled out of my nightmare into reality, gosh sanity gave me a slap and a punch in the face. I did lose you. That's when insanity took control. It beat up sanity.
I cried watching the both of them. Each fighting to gain a foothold in me. It was like I was in the arena of the Romans. I covered my eyes, couldn't bear to watch the fight.

Then, I remembered the way you stroked my hair, the words you whispered in my ear, the calming assurance in your voice and then sanity was winning. It managed to pin insanity to the ground. THREE.. TWO..
In the midst of that, before ONE could sound, I remembered the way you wouldn't talk to me. I felt bad. Then I felt nauseatingly bad. I treated you not badly, just mis fitly. I chose someone over you. When you were supposed to be at the top of my list.

I vomited.Insanity sprang up. ONE!! Oh no, number ONE sounded. Sanity had not won yet.

Slowly, slowly, I watched them struggle. All looked dim. I gave up all hope. Then strength lost. And then, love faded.



And then, just then, insanity won the belt....................

5 comments:

  1. Haha. I really liked the imagery in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Haha, I love literature and its one of the only ways I can express myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its one of the only ways I can express myself
    One of the only, or one of the *many*? :) I think you express yourself quite well with your smile. You have a very pretty smile, Lishia. :)

    The light in the eyes rejoices the hearts of others, and good news nourishes the bones. (Proverbs 15:30)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks but no thanks :) Pretty smile?? Nott really. Gettin self conscious bout my teeth..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Be glad you don't have mine. :P

    It seems to me that you're self conscious about more than your teeth, though.

    ReplyDelete