Saturday, July 2, 2011

High school blues and political issues.


Me with my straight hair :)
Yay :) Now I can choose any color I want for my font because my blog background is black :) 


Today's rant is about high school. It should end in high school. I mean, all the petty gossip about who's dating who and who got into what university, does it really matter?? Oh and about who pierced where and who got what tattoo. Such silly little things you know. Yet they want to make such a HUGE deal, surmise about it and yak. What girls do best, YAK YAK. Goodness :/ And oh, don't forget the drama. I don't know what's up with people who have already left high school and dramas!! Like ME-OW. Put your claws back in!! Nobody's gonna wanna check them out :/ Dang you know. Ppfftt. My bestie and I were just talking about excommunicating the entire high school of ours, except for a few close friends who share the same level of thinking as us. A wise man once said, "Friends come and go but it's the gems that stay." 


I just am so appreciative of what I have. The proximity (not physical) I have with my friends, I made so many wonderful friends along the way. I have Alice who I know I can bank on at any time and there's Alyssa who is one of the hottest people in town and there's Calvin who's quite a gem; he's taught me a lot, his maturity amazes me. They all seem to get me, and get what makes me tick. Of course, Lynn's always been the one who was there for me through thick and thin. I've had ex friends (as I'll consider them) who have made me shrink back into my shell. (The one I use quite often.) One of them just started spreading rumors about me saying that I've dropped out of college and I'm wasting my life away. So not true. Seriously, I wonder if some people get the adrenaline rush that junkies get by talking about others. What's the fun in it?? Karma's gonna bite back real hard :/ Ouch*


And again, there's politics in the country. They're having some major campaigning and rallying here. It's to cleanse and rid all sorts of umm, corruption?? I think it's plain stupid. As I've mentioned before (if you've read back long enough), I used to work with the refugees in Malaysia, I taught them English and in return, they taught me Burmese or the Myanmar language. The refugees from Myanmar here in Malaysia fled their country to escape the junta ruling their country. The stories I've heard were atrocious. And now, with the rallies coming up (pretty soon, on the 9th of July) people are going to "clean up" the refugee camps as well. I don't think Malaysians really get or understand the fundamental meaning of REFUGEE. The Burmese refugees come here to learn English in the hope of getting a green card to the US because life there would be so much better for them. Mum knows quite a few of these refugees and just that day, one of them came over to my place to give my mum some of his belongings and cash. He said if they raided his place, they'd take everything he owns. Ya know, no one is really safe here. Even the Internet is constantly monitored. The rally would cause an uproar and the refugees would be affected. Mum gave some of them permission to come over to my place to hide if necessary. Idiots. Sorry to say but sometimes, a revelation or a revolution is needed for eye-opening. We Malaysians would have thought the May 13th incident would have given us something to ponder on. Looks like history is repeating itself with the current situation already looking like a Gaddafi-overthrow. The margins are getting worse here, with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and the mediocre, stagnant.


You know, I asked some of the children I worked with. You know who the police are?? I cried when they told me," YES. They're the bad people. They took my mummy and daddy away." HELLO?? REFUGEES ARE NOT THE SAME AS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. FOOLS!! I'm absolutely incensed and utterly nauseated with all the stupidity of the people here. Brains are very much needed. Really. People are so scared of everything, even worried if a change happens. Change is needed. It's the only permanence, the only constant in life. With all this happening, I really only hope it's for the better. That the good will take over after they outwit the bad and that a revolution will take place. A whole new turnover.
With this, I rest my case.


-Lishia-

1 comment:

  1. Now I can choose any color I want for my font because my blog background is black

    Your comment functionality still seems crippled, though. :p

    ReplyDelete