Thursday, October 8, 2009

Knock knock, wake up time.








Ugh!!! Me in short hair :) Sheesh blogging can be a little addictive. I was supposed to brush my teeth and head for bed. Ouch, last night, Lil-my sis elbowed me on my forehead when we were sleeping. Yeah, i miss her so when i come back from uni, I sleep with her. On the same bed i mean :)


Not what you must have been thinking.




Gosh diversions. I meant to moan about my particular loss of hair. Sigh* I miss having long hair. My friend from uni-Rajiv said I look funny. Lynn says I look younger. And yeah. Have been getting comments that I look 14 although I'm 3 years older than that? :)




And WOW!! I got some seriously awesome reads.... Books for Lil, by Dorothy Koomson. Author of Marshmallows for breakfast and so on and so forth...Yummy!! SIGH* Lucky kid!! My mum would yell at me if i had marshmallows for breakfast. :)




Anyway. Getting to the point of this post. Guys can be such inglorious bastards at times. (Certain ones. Not all. NOT all) Forgive me for my language and I assure you, it's not often i use foul words. Perhaps you might label me a feminist. Good for you then. I happened to stumble upon this book when I was getting my books from MPH in Jusco, Ipoh. I called Miss V ( My abso postively FAVE teacher in high school)... Asked her if Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children was a worth buy. Sheesh, I miss those times when Lynn and i snuck out just to see her ;p Anyway. Back once again to the often missed point. I stumbled upon a book. By Fauziya Kassindja. Title-Do they hear you when you cry. It's all about escapism from gruesome tribal female body mutilation and circumcision.




Do you know how painful it is for a girl to get a part of her vagina sewn up just so she can please men?? Often times the girls are young and unwilling. Many are coerced by men because they are deemed young, foolish and weak. I know this may be sensitive but i just wanted to bring it up. People should be more aware of what's going on in the world today outside their lovey bubbles of protected lives.




It just hurts me, saddens me that women today still don't have rights. In certain places. No freedom of choice and speech. Pretty Freudian? Not really... SIGH*




Animals too... They don't have voices, so they can't speak up. Dog fights, animal abuse, almost extinct species still being hunted down, all pretty rampant in today's modern society... In a few ways, we have achieved civilisation. In other ways, still hard to comprehend that barbarianism is still in existence. Saddens the <3>



If Woffle hadn't been rescued, she would have been put to death.
She's on the left :) Do PAWS a favor... Adopt a dog!! It'll do much good. SERIOUSLY!! :)



Haha, me in a Negaraku pose... Just to lighten
things up :)
Bowing out, Shia (Future biologist and activist at work ) Kisses and bear hugs* :) NITE!

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! You are a natural blogger=)

    You should've started blogging ages ago. Pour your thoughts out here^^ I love your writings and I miss reading them. Managed to satisfy my thirst for your piece of writings through what you wrote in here*grin*

    Love yah!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Thanks Lynnie :) Not all that natural. Quite fun though, got the hang of it. Haha... Ur thirst for my work? Aww ur such a best buddy! lol Nite now...


    Love ya too!! So much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the same bed i mean :)
    Not what you must have been thinking.

    Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking.

    I meant to moan about my particular loss of hair.
    Oh...so those previous pictures were "old" ones, then?

    Guys can be such inglorious bastards at times.
    Haha. It's best to treat every person you come across as a unique individual. It's healthier. :) "Love [...] is ever ready to believe the best of every person (1 Corinthians 13:7)"

    Do you know how painful it is for a girl to get a part of her vagina sewn up
    No. I doubt you do, either. :P I've read an article about this on Wikipedia a while back, though, so I'm not completely ignorant of the concept.

    ReplyDelete