Friday, January 15, 2010

Dear Diary.

Dear diary, today I learnt that a girl's best friend can still be her 'brush and bowl'..

WOW I have a whole load of stuff on my mind. Hmm, time for cyber unload!!





This silly dude is AN amazing singer!! He taught me a Tamil song and I just fell in love with it!! Lol, we make an amazing duet, Vie :P

Hmm!! Yesh, cyber unload!! Tomorrow is my cousin's wedding. I'm a bit nervous, am supposed to be a greeter. SIGH* I'm so anxious. These kind of events are just too overwhelming. After all, she's the first and the ONLY brain surgeon in the family. Plus she's Aussie!! I feel ecstatic yet really " mumble jumbled " ??
I'm really scared. Relatives tend to compare and they expect me to follow in her footsteps. Anne-Brain surgeon. Lynn-Accountant. Keith-media corp dude now working under another company!! Such successful cousins and I'm next. And I haven't even straightened my life out yet. SIGH*

Anyway, sigh* Sorry for the undue sighs. Just feel like sighing. In that mood.

Oh boy, I'm currently obsessed with the notion of the supernatural?? Namely the incubi?? And succubi. The singular forms are incubus and succubus. It's really quite creepy yet intriguing!! I just found out that my favourite legend, Arthurian legend of all times, is a cambion. Hard to follow?? Read on. Oh boy oh boy!! *Drool* I'm in love with Merlin or also known as Merlyn!! I just found out a few minutes ago that he's a cambion- born of a mortal woman and sired by an incubus!!

Anyway, coming back to the whole folklore thingy. I was watching Ghost Adventures in Shen's room.GA is some kind of documentary series on the supernatural and they catch actual proof on enhanced audio visuals and cameras and nightlights and that sort of thing. Pretty interesting, seeing the amount of science and Physics involved just to prove something surreal actually exists. Pretty mind boggling eh?? :P


This is how it looks like. An incubus.

So well, GA was showing a shoot that had them going into Ram's inn.They actually caught a bit of the incubi on camera footage using audio and visual enhancements. Like wow!!

Well yeah, so that explains my curiosity on the topic and my further research into it.. It's pretty fascinating, all these!! An incubus actually pursues a woman for sexual relations in order to father a child. Creepy huh?? Watch Jennifer's body and see how the 'legend' is portrayed in a slightly modern-ish way. With the OH-SO-HOT Megan Fox!! Lol..She's a succubus in the movie.

Anyway, Kl central is full of intriguing little stalls :) If I had a tonne of money, I'd go to the bookshop there and get more books :) I got a classic for only 7 bucks in one of the bookshops there beside Dunkin Donuts!! OMG I just love quaint little shops especially bookshops!! I mean Catwoman?? The original?? For only 7 bucks a copy, wow!! *DROOL*

A quote from there pretty said a whole lot. If you look from the perspective of the world. I feel really terrible at times!!The earthquake hit zone-Haiti!! The people in Haiti are suffering!! Why can't we do anything about it?? The funds and all that we donate to charity!! IS IT EVER GONNA REACH THEM?? Why is everything so screwed up at this point?? The death toll hit 50 000 and my heart just stopped. No kidding. The overwhelming feeling of sadness was too hard to even contain. The reporter said something at that point that struck a chord in me. "Where is the integrity of the politically elite??" How can they misuse the funds actually sent over there to help the needy?? It's like a really bad case scenario of Robin Hood but in a bad light. Sorry for my rants today. But I'm pretty peeved about how everything's just tumbling about at the moment. SIGH*
Mass graves have to be dug and corpses are just shoved in without proper burials. Just imagine the stench, the disease, the linger of death in the air. ALL we could do is to imagine them in a better world, free of all this pain and agony. SIGH*

There was another saying that caught my attention. It was mentioned in Catwoman by Laurel Hedare's lecturer. Beauty is proof against spears and shields. She who is beautiful is more formidable than fire and iron. I actually laughed at it at first. But then again, thought twice about it. Being the feminist that I am, yeah. But it did shake me up. And in a way, it's true. In a really sadomasochistic way, it runs deep; that saying.

Well, that's all the rants for today.. Had fun talking to you, Afiq :P P.s# I HATE THE WORD CUTE!! Not on me, PLEASE!! :p




Signing off, <3 Shia.
Status: Still hurt, a little bitter, lots sour and very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment