Friday, February 12, 2010

ObSeSsIoNs.



Drool*



Yummy, I just had a Mc flurry :)









I LOVE candy. I LOVE ice cream even more. Gosh the bright colors, the oh-so-yumminess of the soft bubbly texture melting and then sliding down one's throat :)



I'm always happy when faced with a full cup of ice cream. Yeah I prefer cups to cones :) And yeah i feel oh so sad when I come down to the last drop of ice cream :( At the rate I'm going, I'm going to get a blue or funny colored stomach lining due to the coloring in candy and ice cream that i scarf down :P Even Stevie says I smell like candy. SERIOUSLY!! I perspire candy flavored perspiration :) Mishka would tell you :P That's priya's new name. Call her Mishka :)




This is actually fun :) Candy and ice cream littered blog :P

Anyway, about the Elektra complex. And perhaps the Oedipus too.

The definition of the Elektra complex is the psychoanalytic theory that a female's psycho sexual development involves a sexual attachment to her father, and is analogous to a boy's attachment to his mother that forms the basis of the Oedipus complex.

It's another one of my obsessions. The Elektra Complex, the female form of the Oedipus Complex. I think my mum rubbed off some of her love for abnormal psychology on me. I've been reading her books on Freudian theories since I was little. They're really so intriguing. My mum's a psychologist; child psychologist to be exact and yeah I guess this helps open up my eyes and it makes me be more intuitive and sensitive towards people. One of mum's students, YC. He came across as a normal little boy when he first came for consultations.

Well, he got kicked out of the school he was attending. His mother told my mum that he was kicked out because he was accused of sexually harassing a girl. AT THE MERE AGE OF 10?? Shock of all shocks. Mum did some analysis and yeah he did appear pretty normal at first except that YC used to smile in a very weird way to himself. He used to stare at my mum up and down too. He looked a little freaky too, he wore glasses; thick rimmed ones and high waisted pants. His glasses fell down to the tip of his nose, making him look a little like a paedophile?? He looked like he was on a kiddie hunt ALL the time. Anyway, he became weirder and weirder as he came. Mum actually caught him sniffing her seat after she walked out of the room a few times. She happened to peep inside and yeah, caught him in the act of sniffing her seat and caressing it, while it was still warm. YC also "LOVED" being punished. Mum made him hold out his hand to cane him when he was stubborn (he was terribly stubborn) and he used to laugh after each stroke of the cane. How much freakier can a ten year old get??


Yeah, the last straw was during a camp, a kids' camp. Mum wanted him to mix around. She wanted to watch his behaviour around other kids. Fortunate old me!! He was put in my team. I volunteered and I was a team leader. On the first day, I still remember this. Samuel, an 8 year old came up to me with a complaint that YC kissed him on his head and hugged him. I separated him from the team and reported him to my mum. Mum said it was okie. So yeah I let him be. Gosh he was annoying!! He used to follow me like a shadow and stuff. Mum actually NEVER let me in the room when he was around. I wasn't even allowed near the room. He used to sniff the air for me?? Mum said he had some kind of crush on me. He used to tell mum that I'm beautiful and that he wished he could get someone as pretty as me?? O GOSH!! He was ONLY TEN!!

So yeah, he really drove me nuts in camp. Calling out stuff like " hey pretty girl", and all. he even asked me to wear lipstick and a red gown for him. He thought I would look nice. SHEESH!! On the third day of camp, there was a creative skills game. We were asked to make a football out of newspaper, tape and some other funny items given. So, I sat on the floor while the kids surrounded me. I started tearing and crushing newspapers. i felt something just above the peep in my jeans. I was wearing a low waisted jeans that day. I turned and saw no one. I just dismissed it. Second time I felt it, I turned around again. Again, there was no one there. Suddenly, I felt a hand down my pants. I turned and yeah. I saw him. Yc. On the floor directly behind me. I didn't see him because he was flat on the floor. He got kicked out of camp. Uncontrollable sexual urges from a ten year old, creepy.

Thus, I came to the conclusion that paedophiles are born and not made. Perhaps a certain amount of them were exposed to stuff that gave them their obsession for kids but others are just born with that instinct. Same as rapists. They feel the need to be in control. They feel triumphant with the power they have over victims.

Anyway, the Elektra complex. I've seen a few cases actually when the daughter falls in love with the father. Sometimes when people with Oedipus or the Elektra complex actually would resort to getting rid of the other parent in order to get to the one their "in love" with. A girl who suffers from Elektra complex may be disillusioned and she might resort to getting rid of her mum in order to step into her mum's shoes to get to her dad directly. They even want sexual contact with the parent their in love with. This may sound sick but yeah, some people do actually feel that way. Scientists think that everyone initially has that "love" for the opposite sex parent, but as we develop and mature, we're able to identify "wrong love" and differentiate it from parent-child love. It's more of the eros agape love. Eros being sexual, agape being unconditional. It's all really interesting. Seriously. Anyway, I've officially quit my uni.


My current obsessions: Candy :) Ice cream :) Science, languages, people analysis, animals-owls and snakes especially, even numbers, closing doors and windows :P



Water sports and yes. The perfect me :)


Signing off, the peanut butter choc cookie lover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment