Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whaling, life and overdrive.


Me in a dressing room :) Ate my heart out doing clothes shopping with Thev and the gang.

So, as I was saying in the last post that I'd do a post now on whaling. I haven't forgotten it but, (yup, there's a HUGE BUT) ;) but, there are some catches in it. Many many animal activists and environmentalists are making huge hoo ha's about all these whaling. Yet, whaling is supported by the Faroese government. My bestie Marjun, she's from Faroe Islands and it is actually a kind of sport to hunt and kill the pilot whales as they have become a major sort of umm, nuisance to the people of the small island?? Yup. They're are only allowed to kill pilot whales and only if they come towards the shoreline. So yeah, whaling in Denmark and Faroe Islands has two sides to the story. Hmm. Let's check out the illegal whaling shall we??

Japanese illegal whaling is on par with killing sharks JUST FOR THEIR FINS tto make the special delicacy, shark fin soup.

I got this directly from the BBC News, The Australian court has made an uproar because Japanese people have broken domestic law by killing whales in the Australian waters. The judgement, however, is unlikely to end the whaling. Japan does not recognise Australia's Antarctic claim or its declaration of a whale sanctuary in the area. Tokyo has said in the past that it will ignore any injunction resulting from the case.

So yeah, as you can see, it's all very controversial matters brought into hand here. Japanese whalers can be one stubborn bunch huh :)

Whaling is still very gruesome and actually should be banned. However, it should be the country itself that decides. Sigh* Wish we in PETA could have more say in things. The only thing we can do is to petition, create a ruckus, go and strikes (don't want to be detained though) :) and umm, shoot the people who do whaling?? :P

I'll show you some pictures of how whaling in Denmark looks like. It IS allowed though.




But like I said, since the Denmark government allows it, we all have nothing to say. The water turns a brilliant bloody red during this season. Kind of painful to see that. I have more pictures, if you'd like to see them, do tell me. I'd rather not put it all up yet. They're pretty gory.

So yeah, aside from that, life's been fine, somewhat a downward spiral but hey, someday, we'd b bound to pull it all up again :P Make things get back to normal and up on the social ladder. My friend Rich questioned me, after Bio Medical, what next. Kinda got me thinking. I hate it when my brain goes on overdrive :P I can't sleep then and man!! The thoughts that will keep rushing in!! Yup, I cannot meditate for nuts :P

Hmm, peepos, have to work out and get ready for college. Night, morning, and love you all <3 <3

Hugs and kisses, the anti-whaler,
Shia.

No comments:

Post a Comment