Saturday, October 23, 2010

Zombies and toxoplasma. (Part 2.)


Me and my awkward posing. (Forgive the blatant vanity)
So yeah :)

Hello again my cookies :)

I showed dad the letter and he was fine :) Didn't say a word, thank God. Phew* (Brushing off imaginary beads of sweat.) Haha.

Lil is studying :( So want to disturb her. Tee hee* I miss her crashing on her drums in my room. Yup, her drumset's still in my room. So where were we?? Toxoplasma.

Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have discovered a possible strategy against an invasive parasite that infects more than a quarter of the world's population, including 50 million Americans. See, they have to actually strategize to try and beat the smart mutating parasites :P That is how smart the parasites are. Sheesh.

What is toxoplasma you may ask. It is an invasive parasitic disease, primarily carried by cats. It is transmitted to humans by eating undercooked meat or through contact with cat feces. It affects brain cells and corrupts other cells. It is also a very "smart" disease?? It hates being lonely :) Or homeless as a matter of fact. (Sorry about the whole web of facts. My brain works like that. VERY fast.) That chunk of information was provided by William J. Sullivan Jr., Ph.D., associate professor of pharmacology and toxicology.

This type of parasite replicates and mutates when it feels like it's under attack. Very smart indeed, and they have minds of their own. I forgot where I read this, but toxoplasma affects the brain in very freaky ways. A group of scientists were observing mice in their natural habitats who were infected by this parasite. They had damaged brain cells and believe it or not, the mice were turned on by cat urine.

Scary much?? As we all smart beings know ;) Cats are the predators of mice and to be turned on by something the predator excretes is extremely weird. Imagine that!! So yeah, the producer I was talking about was planning to use this parasitic virus in his new zombie movie :)It affects the brains and actually takes control of the mind. Very seducing in a way (parasitic way) and very mind boggling as well. Hmm. A friend of mine also told me that toxoplasma in girls, makes them extremely horny.

Imagine a whole bunch of horny zombies. Phew* Seriously, something to think about huh?? :P

I also came to this whole new realization (maybe some or all of you noticed it long ago) ;) that movies have phases. There's the whole vampiric era, or werewolves and then now, it's the zombie era. Like Resident Evil and what not. Ppfft. Talk about copy-catting :) Teehee*

Is it too much for you to handle?? :P I could go on about a few more mind boggling things occurring in the science realm :P

Well, write to me what you peeps would like to know more about ;) In my chatbox.

P.s# Being different is so hard. Trust me. Judgemental people in the world out there.
You think you know me, but you don't :) You don't even know what makes me tick.

Love you all,
From the bottom of my heart,

Lishia.

Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment