Friday, February 11, 2011

Mubarak, politics and Godiva.

So many things to do, so little time. AS USUAL. LOL. I have 2 tests coming up next week. And they're the worst subjects to be memorizing last minute. American History-5 chapters AND Biology-3 chapters. NOT that I'm complaining :) AND a potluck to attend later at night :/ Oh well.





Hello there readers :) It's a little bit of a sad day because so many of my friends' relationships are breaking up. Dissolving just like that. Very disheartening :/ Also, a HUGE earthquake of magnitude 6.8 hit Chile. The same zone that went through a whole tumble of natural disasters last year. I'm just hoping that the situation there will turn cheerier soon. My lungs too; so clogged up because of the stupid weather. I hate not being able to respire. It's a basic thing and it should be a simple process :/ Oh gee. Anyway, about the Chile earthquake, I got the news directly from BBC and they are REALLY FAST. *As compared to the stupid newspapers here in this country* Haha I am seriously asking for trouble :/ Here goes: 


An 6.8-magnitude earthquake has struck central Chile, in the region that was hit by a huge quake and tsunami in February last year.



In the following hours two smaller quakes struck in the same area.President Sebastian Pinera praised Chileans for responding quickly, saying they had learned the lessons of last year's quake and were better prepared.
"Experts and seismological centres have said that we can expect aftershocks up to five years after the earthquake of 27 February [2010]," the president warned."Experts and seismological centres have said that we can expect aftershocks up to five years after the earthquake of 27 February [2010]," the president warned.'
On the bright side, at least the people know how to respond to natural disasters such as this. But really, 5 years of aftermath?? That is inanely long!! Sheesh. I love my updates from BBC. I have some from CNN too :) Directly to my inbox. Phew* I suppose this place is getting worse by the day. Do you know, some of the Muslims here are proposing or RATHER imposing upon us, the banning of Valentine's day. Not that it's much of a big deal but they say it's a Christian culture and so therefore, labeled as sinful. BUT thank God it's not the federal government but some members of some political party who are of staunch Muslim backgrounds. I still say, it's a little pathetic and they should be put into the ISA (Internal security Act) for blatant slander and for being disrespectful of another culture. Such intricate nonsense. If they could put Petra into ISA for merely exposing the truth, I don't see why these morons shouldn't be charged equally. Such disrespect!! 
Oh and another thing, the Swiss government just ordered the Egypt's defamed President Mubarak's assets to be freezed. YET he still does not want to step down. Now, he's delegating some of the power to his Vice President. Goodness, it's getting a little crazy. In a weird way, Mubarak reminds me of one of our dear own politicians Mr Samy Vellu. They're both holding on to their posts for dear life and goodness!! They don't wanna step down although they've been holding their consecutive posts for over 30 years!! Haha utterly hilarious. Sometimes I think, older people have less brains than the younger generation ;) Just saying.
Okie, politics should not be filling my mind right now :) Oh well, last thing. I really admire the Egyptian community for having the courage and the will to stand up for what is right. Such brave people, although it is a little risky. It most certainly is going to affect the economy of the country and their personal lives. Sigh* Oh well, when something isn't right, it should be addressed. SALUTATIONS*
Oh, funny stories :) Last semester, I fogged up my Chemistry laboratory when I used CONCENTRATED Hydrochloric acid instead of DILUTE Hydrochloric acid. It was like a hailstorm in my lab :) And just yesterday, I was trying to *mock seduce* an African guy in Mc Donald's. I stuck my tongue to the glass screen and *mock licked* it. HAHA And stuck my cleavage there too :P Just for fun alright. AND a Chinese guy looked :/ The horror of it all!! How embarrassing :) And my friend Jack was laughing her butt off at the joke turned blunder.

Right, I have to go and get ready, my parents are coming back to take Lil and I out for lunch :) Hope you like my "political rants". HAHA.
All my love, Lishia.
P.s# Godiva. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment