Monday, February 14, 2011

V day.

Alright, it's a "special day" today :) Happy Valentine's Day everyone :) 



What I wore today: A corset belt, another huge buckled belt, an old purple tank top and a faux leopard print mini with yellow heels, YES I love my yellow heels :) *Oh well, I figured I might as well dress for the occasion you see ;)


It was a pretty eventful day. BUT my bestie rang me to tell me the pen she got for her boyfriend wasn't there. At the counter :/ They apparently "misplaced" it. Such stupid customer service, they have in Popular bookstores. And it's supposed to be one of the best!! Even Lil is a member. 
I'm kinda floating right now :) Got quite a number of gifts from some of my most special people. And I met Chrissy and Mia (haven't seen them in ages), and Mia has a pair of earrings for me!! YAY* New accessories :) Oh well, if you didn't know, I'm a sucker for accessories :) So there was this whole new Internet version of Valentine's Day, lots of people were wishing others, Happy V day on Facebook :) Sounds more like, "Happy Vagina Day" huh :)
Literally. Today, scientists (North Western Medical researchers) submitted a report on gonorrhea and it IS jaw dropping. To me that is ;) 


Do you know that Gonorrhea acquires a piece or maybe a slice or sliver of a human DNA to work?? Gonorrhea is an STD (sexually transmitted disease) that affects mainly women, for those of you who aren't sure about it :) If left untreated, it can cause painful vaginal damages and sterility :/ Yes, yes, be careful!! :) So the funny part is that the human DNA can be a traitor at times :/ It gives this disease a piece of itself (something like exchanging a telephone number or a kiss) and then, from there, Gonorrhea can affect the body it's in, through the sliver of genetic interchange. Scary huh?? Sounds a little like cancer. When cells go against the body and reproduce in massive numbers, killing off other good cells :/ It's like a survival of the fittest INSIDE US!! Just the thought of it scares me :/ Gonorrhea cells can emulate that of a leucocyte which is a human white blood cell. Scientists suggest that the evolutionary transfer might be a new event. It might be a new method of "eating into immune systems". 


Kinky huh?? The thought of it :/ I'll do a follow up on this alright ;) Hmm. I'd better hit my books again :( Too much to study about :(


*A shout out to MUM for the presents (although she won't be reading this), a special thank you to the All star, Tony for the wonderful Mexican feast and the wine; and all the gifts. Phew* I feel so loved and pampered. And also, lots of love to my bestie Lynn, for the Lindt chocolate and lollipop. It's 10 years of best-friendship and MANY more to come ;)*
I love you wonder bunnies and HAPPY V DAY!! Literally ;) 
<3 <3 Shia.

No comments:

Post a Comment