Friday, March 4, 2011

Albino horror.



And there you go :) Another vain loathsome picture of me.


Today, I woke up to some pretty depressing news. It's not really new, but I haven't really been aware about it. I watched a video on Al-Jazeera about African albinos being killed and sold for their body parts. Albinos' body parts are believed to bring good luck in love and fortune. They're often sold by witch doctors. Another news report on ALLVOICES, showed revealed the shocking statistics on the whole issue. I can't believe I missed the whole thing when it was hot on the "news market". Such a horrifying, gruesome piece of news. The African Albinos live in constant fear, most or them uproot and leave their families because more often then ever, their own families kill them and mutilate their bodies in most terrifying fashions and sell off their body parts for money. One of the Albinos testified that he saw his brother's body (also an Albino), all mutilated and his family sold it off for a total of 240 dollars. The poverty rates are at an alarming rate of only 10 dollars per year, of an annual income. It hurts to see what people's own kin can do. How can they betray their own flesh and blood like that??


The worst part is who the alleged buyers are. They consist of mostly, rich businessmen and POLITICIANS!! Oh gosh. And many people "believe" in politicians especially the less fortunate ones who don't have proper educations because they believe that governments bring change. Over these months, we've been seeing governments dissolve, one by one. Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, everyone is in grim anticipation of who's next. Seriously :/ Oh well.


On a lighter note, I watched a horror or "so-called horror" movie yesterday and I thought it was good. Or rather disturbing although when I checked the reviews online, "The Rite" had so many rotten tomatoes. Yeah, I watched "The Rite", I personally think it was one of the best exorcism movies ever :) Tee hee* Ugh I hate noisy neighbors :'( I don't hate them. I just hate the sound pollution they produce. I found something out :) HAHA. I love talking to myself because sometimes, other humans lack in intellectual stimulations (meant to be a joke okay). AND I found out what I fear. It's a trapped mind. I don't really have a fear, be it a fear of heights or a fear of the dark or something. I initially had a fear of the unknown which was classified under phobias. Okay :/ I'm starting to rant.


I so need a break :/ I need a HUGE de-stress session. My bestie called me out for a double date next week!! I can't wait :) I miss her. Everyone I'm close to seems to be migrating for education purposes :'( I'm praying, hoping and crossing my fingers that I get to the US next year. Oh universities, please accept my wondrous applications. HAHA Yes* I AM ranting; guess I'll head off.


Have an awesome day, kipepeos.
P.s# I'd better start wearing hot pink. (My Anthropology lecturer said it's a good color for standing out and attracting friends.) HAHA.


-Shia-

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe I've ever seen a loathsome picture of you. Still haven't. :)

    it's a good color for standing out and attracting friends

    And horny men. And we all know how much you appreciate those that only want your body. :P

    ReplyDelete