Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stripped.


Goofy moments.

Behind every smile, behind every mask is a story. Oftentimes, dark and sordid. Today, my girl friend told me she was raped. She said, " I woke up not knowing what happened." It broke my heart to hear that. A case of date rape. She turned to drugs after that because drugs help her lose her memory. According to her, in her own words: I woke up not knowing what happened. 
It's a common line. Innocence is taken by force. She's not the first. I am a little squeamish about rape; I want to put it as a mental taboo. My other close friend was raped by her own uncle when she was only 8. Yeah, sometimes, dark things happen without anyone else knowing. Most rape victims are too embarrassed to report the issue. I know how it feels. It's the feeling of being trapped, feeling so dirty after that, feeling like all you want to do is end your life because you've lost your innocence. You were raped literally and you were raped of your innocence, esteem and pride as well. Hurts me to know what the people close to me go through. All I can do is to offer a listening ear and then, a silent prayer up.

Apart from that, life is alright, I guess. Too many things going on, too many exams, too many assignments. Haha I'm ranting again. My sister was upset today :( Broke my heart to see her like that. I'm not supposed to be saying anything about this but I have to rant about the absurd education system in this country. Biased and unregulated. Ppfftt. I'll tell you more later :)
I have to bathe and get ready for college :/

Sometimes, we need a regulator in life ;)

Have an awesome day :D
Lots of love,
Lishia.

No comments:

Post a Comment