Monday, March 28, 2011

Disguises.



A little Japanese me :)


This country is getting too much. Out of bounds. Sex scandals of politicians being publicized. People being stripped deliberately of their freedom of speech. I mean, seriously, and I don't know who voted for the stupid people who are up there sitting at the highest seats. Forgive me, but I think Doctor Mahathir was still by far the best Prime Minister. Sometimes, you have to be frank. The truth hurts sometimes and he was the most truthful one, so blunt that he had so many enemies. But, he's the wisest, still is. At such a ripe old age, he's so capable of thinking and analyzing everything that goes on. He's the epitome of age-old wise :)


Again, sorry I haven't been on here much. So much to do, as I've been ranting in the last few posts. I hate the Malaysian education system. I think it's one of the worst in the world. My Public Speaking competition on Saturday?? It was just stupid. I'm not being a sour grape here, but I think either Jun or Melinda (my 2 girlfriends) should have gotten in to the semi finals at least. It's so cliche, everything around here; seems like the more cliche things are, the better. I spoke on Autism under the theme, "Words are not enough." Jun spoke on freedom of speech and Melinda spoke on how the environment SHOULD be conserved BUT the usage of plastic bags is not that bad a thing. So, as you can see, all three of us had twists in our "stories". Mine was autism, not a very known topic in Malaysia, Jun's and Melinda's were considered controversial. Freedom of speech here is almost non-existent. Where the government and certain people take forms of criticism as attacks. I might get into trouble for blogging like this too. They're so against people rising, they think they're always right. Sick and tired of politicians' scandals being exposed, politicians framing each other and stuff.


Also, men here really have to learn that women are not a second class gender. Some people really need to be educated on gender equality. My bestie's post angered me, where her own relatives look down on her just because she's female. Not only her, some other cultures here as well. Just because we're women, we're expected to stay at home and do house work; what century is this?? Gosh. I mean, come on!! Thank God most of us have really cool parents; cool for Asian standards though. My title says it all. The country is so called a "democratic" nation. But I think it's more of a monarchy that is cleverly disguised as a democracy. Seriously, do they think we youth of today are ignorant and stupid?? They should think twice. So many issues to address YET, they focus on mundane issues like who slept with who and who cheated on who. The media is being taken over by political parties who pull wool over our eyes. Why create robots and conformity when you can have creativity and scientists??


What I'm so mad about is that the education system does NOT award students based on qualitative results. It's all about the elections and whose party is stronger. Also very race-based. Where certain races (I shall not mention which) get a better chance of entering local universities. Out of bounds. They are breaching the public's limits. I don't know what they want, perhaps a social Libya?? Or an Egypt-like protest?? The politicians here have angered many, I shall not mention what atrocities have been committed BUT the atrocities have been shown on CNN and BBC and worldwide, we're becoming a mockery. Leaders of this country have made countries like Mongolia severe ties with us. The leaders here say, "Oh poverty is a thing of the past." YET the rich are getting richer!! And the poor and oppressed are getting poorer and poorer by the day!! Poverty a thing of the past?? There are countless times that I've seen old people lying by the roadside with nowhere to go. At night, when it's cold and raining, they take shelter under old buildings or in abandoned houses. Where is the money that's supposed to be given to support their welfare going to?? Something wrong with the rich becoming richer?? Animal welfare now is becoming a huge issue too. The group I'm following (PetPositive) is becoming a controversy too now. Just because we want to protect the rights of animals.


Again, about the unfair and biased systems. I don't think any of the judges from the STAR public speaking competition expected me to blog about them in such a negative manner. I'm really sorry but I think it was such a biased ordeal. Hello, it's time to wake up. No such thing as a global family. Sorry I'm a kill joy but the semi finalists who got in were teenagers talking about "Ohana means family" and issues like "How to make the world a better place". How much more cliche can it get?? Fairy tales don't exist. Even the original Brothers' Grimm fairy tales were of such sordid nature. Everything has a twisted side to it. Take Disney movies for instance. Break it down, decipher them, bring them down to their true forms and you'll see the true nature of it. Jun said we might have over thought our topics and perhaps we did. Seriously, talking about stuff like that allowed them to get into the final rounds?? Even in my district level public speaking competitions last time, we were required to have the 3 essential S-es. Substance, style and structure. Which none of those participants had, maybe only one or two. But they really had no facts supporting their speeches. Everything has to be 'citated'. Everything. 


I think I've said it all.


-Disappointed-

No comments:

Post a Comment