Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dioxins, murder and epidemics.


An alright picture ;) Was "digging" through my phone for one.


I feel so lifeless. I need some alcohol in my system. LOL I so wouldn't mind a whole bottle of Hennessy/Absolut Kurant stuffed down my throat right now. Seriously, I hardly ever say this on my blog but I need a serious break. This party animal needs to be let out of her cage. Haha. Okay, enough about that. 


Today's topic is going to be a little scientific in a gory manner. 
Did you know that murder could be SO EASY?? Just by extracting a little amount, maybe a syringe full of animal/human blood and injecting it into someone's arm, you could kill them. As we all know, humans have different blood types. It's best to know the "victim"'s blood type first, before injecting the blood. The person would die a horrid death as the blood of the person would react and form a tremendous amount of bubbling in that area. Sort of like a rejection; just in a very weird manner. It would kinda like clot the blood in the injected area. Oops* :) Sadist alert*


Agent Orange.
I was pretty shocked that a lot of people including my sister wasn't aware of this. She just had her Chemistry presentation and I suggested to 'Agent Orange' to her for a topic cause as she was presenting on halogens and dioxins. Yup, Chemistry's fun. LOL And I thought the Agent Orange pandemic was one of the most well-known chemical "warfares" to hit this planet. Even after so many generations, the effects of this 'crazy chemical' are seen in people.





These are some of the most recent pictures of the effects of Agent Orange; I got them from some websites off the Internet. The boy in the 1st picture has to be tied up so he wouldn't hurt himself. It's so saddening to see the victims of warfare, ANY warfare as a matter of fact. I personally think bio-chemical wars are the worst!! Especially when they involve disease-laden bombs and chemical sprays which contain phosphorus and dioxins. 
To sum it all up, Agent Orange was actually a famous herbicide used by the American troops to clear up the Vietnam forests. Little did they know the amount of harm it would cost the people living there. It seeped through water outlets, affected people who inhaled it and caused a lot of damage, throughout many generations. Even breathing in the chemicals and exposure to it would cause a lot of damage to the body. Imagine. The usage of Agent Orange as a herbicide was banned in the 1970's and the effects of it are still showing today. The pictures above were taken in 2004-2009. Why?? Because Agent Orange contained a large amount of halogens, namely CL2, Chlorine which if broken down, formed dioxins.


What are dioxins??
Dioxins are a group of chlorinated organic chemicals with similar chemical structures. Dioxins have very harmful effects depending on the number and position of chlorine atoms. 
How are they formed??
Dioxins can be mainly formed by human activities or even by volcanic activity.
They're usually formed unintentionally by incomplete combustion and industrial activity. Even cigarette-smoke contains small amounts of dioxins. Imagine that :/ No wonder smoking near a pregnant woman causes birth defects. Oh gee :/ Who knew. Dioxins cause bioaccumulation which is the clutter of the environmental systems. Now this is why, dioxins are BAD. And why they caused such scary effects on people. They also are carcinogenic (cancer-causing) and are just BAD for health.


Open burning releases dioxins too and STUPID MALAYSIANS just love to burn their rubbish out in the open. And Chinese people LOVE burning joss paper and all the stuff that pollutes the environment. I'm not being racist here (I am Chinese); it's just that sometimes, brains are required to save and conserve the environment. Sigh* I just wish people would make a more conscious effort to save our already dying Mother Earth :(


Alright, I shall stop here to start my mugging for finals yet AGAIN. Heavy sigh*
Goodbye my blogmonsters and LOTS OF LOVE from me ;)
-Lishia- (The environmentalist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment