Monday, April 25, 2011

Politics in the education arena.



2 separate pictures, same skirt.
Me-ow :) It's about 5 am here, woke up with a stomachache :/ So I decided to blog :)


So many things running through my head. My dean is leaving and she's one of the ONLY 2 psychology lecturers in my college. My mum was offered a post in my college too, for lecturing Psychology but she declined it; wanted to focus on her autistic and special patients first. Then, my other Psychology lecturer, she went on maternity leave which would probably be for another 4 months?? Yup, we don't have any more Psychology lecturers and my college is renown for its Psychology courses. I don't know why politics has to take up the scenes everywhere. I strongly feel 'they' should NOT mess with education because messing with education would mean messing with futures. We all invest our time, our all, our money as students and we obviously expect the best. Especially if we all have great plans and are striving to excel. If this becomes another wash over like what happened in UTAR, I would certainly NOT hesitate to cause a tsunami rebel against them.


I'm not supposed to be saying this out loud BUT yeah, I heard that some lecturers are quitting and some are actually being sacked because they had some problems with the management. I know we all are human but hello?? Where's diplomacy when it's called for?? I actually found out that the government wants to buy some shares in my college; it currently only has a 5 % share. I'm not sure how much truth this contains because it's all orally told. But yes. And now that some lecturers have been talking about problems with management; I'm guessing there might be some probable truth in this. This should have a boundary. Somewhere SOON, they should stop. These bloody adults cause ruckuses over the slightest of all slight matters. My sister's lecturer was one of them who told us about the "problems with management". I don't think it's just that. How can my dean want to quit if it's just management problems?? There has to be some underlying sort of bubbling up here. We're all going through our finals here, except for the A-level students. So yeah, really hope all this won't further affect our studies. I hope there won't be anymore tampering in results. As I know, the batch I'm in; pretty smart. Some of my classmates can score nearly full marks for American History and Anthropology which is scary :/ But they ARE geniuses, we have to give them credit for it ;) I just hope it won't be a problem because of the high percentage of passes and A's. Sigh*


Why does politics have to seep through EVERYTHING including education right now??


HUGE SIGH* 
Quote of the day:  "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." --Albert Einstein-


Lastly, we should NEVER entrust our faith into something seen. Faith; it's never physical.
Ta :) Have a great day.
-The worrier-

No comments:

Post a Comment