Monday, November 8, 2010

A woman is not a whore.


ure, quoting Kit, my close friend.



Me being silly. Cookie monster!!

Sometimes, we're not as unfortunate as we think we are. 

I bawled my eyes out literally. Watched a Hindi movie (with subtitles of course), it's called, Chandni Bar

Really, I think sometimes, we as human beings just mope and whine about the superficial. Me included. We all think our lives are screwed up. Little do we know the amount of pain and suffering that our neighbors go through. With the term "neighbors", I mean people just next door. In neighboring countries perhaps?? The crazy Junta regime for instance. I know of a few refugees, from Pakistan, Myanmar and India. They were ousted just because of religion. Yes, even by converting, in some countries, you'd lose your identity, your home, your family even; if they are prosecuted, and you'd be shunned by society. Look at our lives, we have ample food daily, water supplies, clothes on us and a roof over our heads. As long as we have shelter, we are considered one of the 20% of the more fortunate ones. The rest are just desolate and homeless.

Human trafficking as I'd like to stress on it again, isn't an issue to be taken lightly. It has adverse psychological effects to the victims, and also the victims' families. A lot of things happened which has made me come to various conclusions and yeah, my eyes are opened now. 

Women in India, and certain Middle Eastern countries are still being treated like lower class citizens. In the movie Chandni Bar, I saw a mother's love towards her children, vicious circles and cycles that cannot be broken, lost dreams, crushed ambitions, lost loves, and more. Heart wrenching.

One of the quotations from the comments on the film: A woman is not a whore, only another human. How true that rings, how true.

I hope by telling you peeps about the many grief issues that are taking place in most countries, you'd be more aware and try to involve yourselves and help these innocent people. Most who are victimized are young girls under 12 because virgins are more sought after, they are believed to be able to cure AIDS and HIV diseases. How untrue that rings.

Some vicious cycles CANNOT be broken, no matter how hard we try to prevent them. It's just a very bleak grim world that we live in I say. The evil natures of Earth's very citizens is alarming. Fathers that are capable of pawning or pimping off their daughters or even wives, just to get some alcohol down their systems, where's the conscience in men anymore?? I'm not gender discriminating, merely pointing out certain issues.

Thankfully, not all men are like that; I'm blessed with wonderful grandpas, and dad, he's just awesome. 
Okie, enough with the melodramatics.

I'll hang up here. But, please, be more aware. Women and children can be pulled into the sex trade ANY TIME. Vigilance is better than cure.


Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment