Friday, April 9, 2010

The Day My God Died.



Life. The very essence of it is SO POWERFUL that it's often overlooked :)
My lecturer-Miss Cheryl said that capitalized words in cyber space mean cyber screams. Haha I capitalize to show emphasis :P

Oh boy. I'm learning Swahili now :)
It's amazing. I'm learning it from Juzer. He's African :) Randomly added me on Facebook. Now we chat a lot!! Haha.

Okie, enough of chit chats. The Day My God Died. It's a video I watched on my site, Care 2 Causes. It was SO upsetting that I couldn't stop crying and I woke up with goldfish eyes. The women in the video shared their testimonies and life stories on how they were trafficked and sold into sexual slavery. The statistics are shocking. And I'm very astounded too. Did you know, for instance, that 2500 women disappear everyday?? Never to be found again?? They end up being trafficked. Yes, they become prostitutes, they are forced to!! Sexual slavery OR ELSE!! They get beaten up, stabbed, kicked, burnt, brutally tortured yet, when they come out, who listens?? NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THE STORY OF A PROSTITUTE!! People are so prejudiced and bias. They just think, 'Oh prostitutes are cheap people." NO!! They're humans too, aren't they?? Worst part is that MOST of them are unwilling. How heartbreaking is that?? To have to give in to the whims of others daily who violate your body and then treat you like a piece of trash. It's so sickening.

Oh shucks. I've so much to do, so little time. I really hope the collaboration with my bestie turns out well. I've got to go. But I'll post a second post the sexual slavery trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment