Saturday, April 10, 2010

Facts, issues, stuff.



Watch this face!! I'm going to be successful activist + journalist+biologist!!

I just read on Yahoo that Facebook is a potential career murderer. And I realized, it is true! I mean, if you have your boss or nosey snitches on your friends list on Facebook, it could kill your whole career. For instance, you hate your boss. And decide to tell it to the world in your status. Little do you know that you're on the promotion list together with a friend. And the "friend" squeals to your boss. Next thing you know, you're fired!! :)

Phew, it's SO HOT!! I just took off the formal top. Satin material, not much air ventilation. Haha.

Okie. Back to my assignment topic. I'm from Malaysia and I'm doing a research on sexual slavery. I've been targeting countries like Nepal and India where women are more oppressed. Little did I know that in Kuala Lumpur (The capital of Malaysia) alone, there are 180 000 prostitutes. WOW, right under my eyes and I've been ignorant to it. I've never actually come across prostitutes in KL. Only in Ipoh. There are a lot of really pretty ones who turn out to be men. Shucks, they have hotter and nicer looking bodies and faces. Haha. But honestly, it's really sad that people don't accept them as they are and they have to end up in that trade. I don't think they're willing. Most of them are coerced and duped. Especially women and children. SIGH*

My brain is on overdrive now. I am thinking of all the prospects I would have. Just asked my best friend if she'd come with me to interview a transvestite and a prostitute. Many questions remain unresolved. Times have changed, so have human mentalities. It's become a very sick culture. Endorsing sexual slavery right from human trafficking is the "normalcy" now??

Who says it can't be stopped?? Watch me. I'll post more later. Very riled up now. Especially when it comes to issues on prejudice, violation of human, women and children and even animal rights.

Ta, Later :)

P.S# I really love you all, my blog audience. Please do keep reading and give me feedback. I'd love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment