Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I dream, I crave.



Us in traditional :)

I've been having these dreams. About owning a beautiful black cat. One that looks like Salem in "Sabrina the Teenage Witch". LOL it broke my heart to find out that Salem was a computer generated machine. I thought he was a very smart trained cat when I was little. Haha!!

I saw this kitten that day, it caught my heart. I really want to take her in :) She's gorgeous, all charcoal black with the most splendid yellow eyes. Such a beautiful thing. She kept coming towards me, she wanted a cuddle. I had my allergies the night before so I could only bend down and touch her lightly :) He fur would have triggered off a very bad asthmatic reaction. LOL.

Sigh* I am craving for Indian sweets right now. There's two of my favourite, the jelebis and the palgowas. I'm not sure about the actual spellings but they have these in Malaysia :) A LOT!! Plus the banana leaf rice and Indian food here (both Northern and Southern cuisines) are TO DIE FOR. *Slurp* LOL I'm a HUGE Indian food fan. The curries and varuvals and all are just mouth wateringly amazing!!

I'll try to look for some pictures of the Indian sweets :) Okie I found some :)

My favourite Indian sweets. Jelebis.



They're a beautiful orange and melt in the mouth when fresh. Some taste like cherries and most of them are really oily, the oil (ghee) oozes out like wow. Haha!! I'm really craving right now. I really want to go to India. Man, I'd eat up half the sugar supply there :P

Then there's this milk sweets called palgowa/palkova. They come in different colours and are SO TASTY.



They come in blocks and are usually cut up into smaller pieces :) Yum!! Just thinking of those make me drool. I'm a sweet tooth :) FANTASTIC STUFF INDIAN PEOPLE MAKE :) I wish I were Indian. LOL the culture and food is just AMAZING!!



Yummy right?? LOL. Mm, gulab jaamun and mysore paks. And kaeseris, adhirasems, THE BOMB!!

And laddhus. Yum.



They look like colourful balls :) EXTREMELY SWEET. They're really filled to the brim with milk, sugar, ghee and oil. Indian sweets. Really fattening but they're worth it :) Such delicious treats. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong culture. Haha.

Ta you all :) Indian traditional sweets and the Indian culture is just THE BOMB ;)
ALL my love. Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment