Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A tribute to my Gramps.




One of the first men in my life. His baptism, three years ago.

He loved coffee sweets and iced cold water. He loved Indian banana leaf rice more than I did. He loved sweets as much as I did. He was one of the most stubborn yet loving people I ever knew. He was talented, he was secretive. He was a warrior, he never quit. He was amazing all throughout. He taught me the meaning of loyalty and sacrificial love. He was a genius. He spoke perfect English. He was articulate.

Gramps, I just heard of how you didn't go to Ballarat to further your studies although you were offered a scholarship there. All because you wanted to look after dad and Gran and be a good husband and dad. You're amazing.

He's in a better place now. Gramps, I know you're looking down, reading this post with a smile on your face. I just want you to know that I love you. Losing one of the most precious men in my life is a hard fact. But, it is a fact of life. Sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye. I promise I'll be a better person :) Granny's fine here. She's doing great. She's a strong woman, she missed you though. Seeing her break down at your cremation today was heartbreaking. You had so many fans, Gramps. I miss the times spent with you. The funny things we used to do together and the times where I would be so naughty and play with the snakes in the old house. I miss those times. Dad's hurting quite a bit as well. Although being a man, he doesn't show it. He misses you.

Gramps, thanks for everything, you will always be remembered as one of the strongest people I know of. You're amazing and your presence is missed. I'm sorry for being so hurt when you couldn't remember my name anymore. I'm writing this with tears streaming down my face. But I promise you, when I'm done typing this, I'll smile because you're in a better place. I'm so glad you don't have to suffer the evils of this world anymore.

I'm smiling now. You'll always be in my heart.

I love you, Gramps.
Love, your eldest.

No comments:

Post a Comment