Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Choices, do we actually have them??



Jack and I.

Let's try be happy shall we?? The previous post just a minute back was just too depressing!! Life, what is life?? Very silly question right??

But did we ever get to make choices?? I don't actually think so. We are who we are. SO we think. But hey!! We are bound by culture, traditions, religions, like it or not. We are shaped, moulded, sculpted the way we are. Although we say, HEY NO!! I'm an individual. OF COURSE YOU ARE ONE. It's just that, subtly, even if you don't realize it, our society forms who we are. Look at Megan Fox for instance. She is a sex kitten, bombshell. But who determines it?? Society of course. It's that way.

We have the Eastern and the Western culture. Or sometimes, they intertwine. Like many other things that go on. So yeah, we never got to choose which mum we wanted, if we wanted a sibling, you know. Trivial matters or so they seem.

What if I never wanted to be born?? What if I wanted another family?? Another birth name?? What if I just wanted to be me?? Not bound by rules, culture, normalcy, traditions, country or anything?? After all, I'm kipepeo girl. I'm a free spirit.
I'M MOON WILLOW!!

So yeah. I wonder how it feels like to be able to love myself again. Is it really worth the effort?? Hmm.

Signing off,
The very traumatized sceptic.

1 comment:

  1. We are who we are. SO we think.

    By the grace of God, I am what I am (1 Corinthians 15:10).

    What if I never wanted to be born??

    John 1:12-13 AMP
    But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name--Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]

    I am by the will of God alone. I don't care about culture, tradition, religion, east, west, north, south, black, white, pink, green, or purple. I have been set free by the Lord Jesus Christ to serve Him fearlessly in holiness and righteousness (John 8:31-32; Luke 1:74-75).

    I wonder how it feels like to be able to love myself again. Is it really worth the effort?

    No. If you make love for yourself the foundation, everything you build on top of it will topple over.

    Acts 20:24 AMP
    But none of these things move me; neither do I esteem my life dear to myself, if only I may finish my course with joy and the ministry which I have obtained from [which was entrusted to me by] the Lord Jesus, faithfully to attest to the good news (Gospel) of God's grace (His unmerited favor, spiritual blessing, and mercy).

    ReplyDelete