Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Impression management.

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing.
Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in.

What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you.
What am I gonna say when I'm all choked up and you're okay.

I'm falling to pieces.
I really am.

So, I use world impression management.
Where the world is my stage and I'm the actor.

I put on my happy mask when I'm sad.
To hide what I truly feel.

So it doesn't go around hurting others around me.
I did what I did, I have a breakage point too.

They say bad things happen for a reason.
No wise words gonna stop the bleedin'.

I'll take the blame.
Let me do it so no one else gets hurt.

I'll be your sacrificial lamb.
Come here, slice me apart.

Take my heart out.
Eat it in any style that suits you.

I got a degree offer in my field of choice.
What good is it if I can't do it??

2 and a half years does seem long after all.
Sigh me.

Back to the drawing board.
Pain after pain.

Tear after tear.
I'm such a good actress though.

And really, no wise words gonna stop the bleedin'.
I'm falling to pieces.

Oops, time for the happy mask to come back on.
Night world, three....two....one.

I'm dead.

3 comments:

  1. Haha why Hola?? :P So emo :( Emo-ing like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it means hello? Haha. Wanted to say something; didn't know what. Remembered you liked Spanish a little while ago.

    I like the butterfly in your hair. :)

    ReplyDelete