Friday, January 14, 2011

Sacrifice and progression.



The words in white say it all :)




I


I'm staring at you ;)
Hello there, my sassy little sweets :) The post yesterday was pretty much uncalled for. But well, that's how having asthma feels like. I don't usually get it full force but yesterday was pretty bad. Feeling slightly better today. I can't explain, it's so frustrating. You don't know how it feels like when life becomes a little distant. And you can't breathe. Even breathing becomes a difficulty and all you want to do is surrender. 


Enough about that anyway :) I asked my mum. What would you do if the child in your womb was diagnosed at an early stage with Progeria or XP. These are genetic defects that are basically incurable. Or asthma. If you found out early, would you abort?? My mum answered, NO. Very firmly. I asked her why. And she said, some things, would be worth the ultimate sacrifice. Some courses of nature just cannot be changed or erased. I guess sacrifice doesn't come easy. Some genetic traits could be passed on to offspring. That was what Hitler was trying to eradicate. Humans with deformities, humans with lazy traits, humans whose lineage was proven to be mundane and humans with absolutely no sense of future. But then again, he took things out of hand and tried to play God when he committed the act of genocide. Maybe the people he killed would have deserved second chances. The only thing wrong with what he did was that, God would have given a second chance. No matter how much you read into History, the horrifying ordeals could never be more "lived in". 


Another thing to discuss. I think the only piece of American History really worth reading about is the congress, the way the place was discovered and taken over AND the tribes. The Native American tribes that were there LONG before any other. The Sioux, the Apalache, the Abenaki. I would love to speak Alnobak. The mother tongue of the Abenaki people. Language, it's just so beautiful. The way it rolls off one's tongue. The way it causes stirs and emotions to run free and wild :)
The book I finished, "Second glance" was so powerful; it really shook me page by page :) How the gypsies lived, how they didn't know what was about to wash them over, they had "voluntary sterilization" done on them. It was supposed to be humane. But the very thought that remains is, they did not know it was performed on them. A sponge bath would become a neuter. The poor unknowing people trusted the words of the uppers.
Many people debate over whether the Vermont Eugenics project in the 20th century was a progressive movement. I just think it's pure racist. To be calling another race or tribe feeble-minded just because of cultural differences. I just learnt in my Anthropology class that constitutions are part of a society's culture. It reflects their very nature and it also lets others have a glance into what they are really like. Scary isn't it.


Another thing that I find a little disconcerting and funny at the same time is that this country's media head is asking our Prime Minister to ban Facebook. How that is possible, I don't know. All I know is that we are basically governed and ruled by neanderthals. Literally. Sheesh. Maybe they want us to go back into stone age :) The reason being, Facebook is a way of "slandering Islam". My goodness, I wonder when they'll grow up and stop thinking and acting like little immature bastards. The bastards they were born to be.
Oh well. This place is un-progressive. And the Eugenics project, deemed as a progressive movement?? HAHA I don't think so. No one can be called progressive if they pick on flaws of another and call themselves perfect. :)


Alright, with this, I shall sign off.
Sugar bombs to all you lovely hearts.
Xx, Lishia.

No comments:

Post a Comment