Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Utter disdain, cultural opposition.


Came to a grim realization when I was talking to an old friend. Don't you ever wonder why the human race is the ONLY species that wears clothes?? To cover up ourselves. It's because we bear a lot of shame, guilt and a lot of suppressed cruelty. No other animal actually feels the need to cover up the way we do. It's like as if we're being physical and mental hypocrites, so my friend said. The song: Colors of the wind came to mind.


You think you own whatever land you land on.
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim.


In a way, the words paint a few million scenarios. True at that. Also, we don't see animals laughing at the grim fate of another. An ape would not laugh at an injured counterpart. Humans are the ONLY genus that can actually laugh at the physical/emotional/mental torment of another of the same kind. In a way, humans thrive on cruelty, it urges us forward. To see our enemies suffer, we feel above them. We feel superior. Where does this all lead us??


I'm ranting so much because of the fate of many. 
Animals and humans alike. Which species other than the human species would actually kill their own children in "honor"?? Honor?? I don't think there is any honor in stoning another. Especially killing their own daughter because she's been defiled by a man forcefully. Genital mutilation for women. For the sake of marriage in years to come. Where's the respect in having nearly 3 quarters of your private part removed?? There seems to be lesser and lesser honor in the human race.
There was an article which my friend October posted. Just recently, in India, this young girl was given an "honor killing" because she had fallen in love with a man she was not supposed to be with. How can they justify a life taken because of love?? 
Dolphins in Japan are being mercilessly killed, the Swedish wolves are being hunted solely because they are game animals, dogs in China are put to fight in rinks because it's a "good form of entertainment"; when will this bloodshed ever stop?? The innocent don't get a chance to say anything. Goodness. Horrific news, one after another. How much more disheartening news can we take in?? Sigh* There is really no justification to taking an innocent life, be it animal or human. 


Reasons why I think I'm born in the wrong race/culture:


-I hate rice.
-I don't really like Chinese food.
-I do NOT speak any form of Chinese; dialects or what so ever.
-I hate Chinese dramas on tv, I don't listen to any Asian songs.
-I don't associate well with some Chinese people due to really bad communication skills. Most of them have bad English anyway :/
- I love Indian food, Indian sweets and Indian colors; they're so vivid :) 
-I really can't stand the endless chatter of some Chinese girls in the mother tongue. Most love to gossip endlessly :/ Very banal.
-I love spicy food.
-I don't really think like an Asian I guess, most think I'm "too open for the Asian society" :/
-Am not really an 'extended family' person like most Chinese are. I hate Chinese New Year, fire crackers and reunion dinners :(
-I don't think eating pork knuckles, pork trotters or chicken legs/feet is delicious :/ It's gross. I'm more pescatarian :) (I get a lot of teasing for that.)


Haha many more reasons that might come across as offensive :) Oh well. Can't please the crowd can we ;)
Alright, I'll stop here. Try to calm my heart. A little upset at the blatant injustice of everything.


Night, humans.
Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. To cover up ourselves.

    Genesis 2:25 AMP
    And the man and his wife were both naked and were not embarrassed or ashamed in each other's presence.

    Genesis 3:6-7 AMP
    And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate. Then the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves apronlike girdles.

    Genesis 3:9-11 AMP
    But the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, Where are you? He said, I heard the sound of You [walking] in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself. And He said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?

    The reason is spiritual. It is shame and guilt, but it is more. With God, because of the fall of man, it is a sin to be naked--a theme many times expressed in the Scripture.

    Genesis 3:21 AMP
    For Adam also and for his wife the Lord God made long coats (tunics) of skins and clothed them.

    I find in interesting that the Lord God made clothes for them--they couldn't even do that right. I also find it interesting that He used skins--He purposely used the flesh of another creature to hide man's. There is a lot to be understood here, Lishia.

    Sin completely separated man from God, so that God couldn't even stand to look at him anymore. Man became disgusting to God--man, whom God created in His own image. Haven't you read in the Law how everything had to be stained with blood, every sin washed with blood, the blood of animals, animals that had nothing to do with man's error--pure and clean (not diseased or spotted) and gentle (calves, lambs, doves)? Man had to cover his impurity with the innocence of lower creatures, just so God could look at him--and this was God's decision, what the Lord commanded man to do.

    In light of all this, surely this shows you how utterly important, how perpetually undeniable the sacrifice of the Lamb of God was--is. Jesus Christ fulfilled the law and all the eternal animals sacrifices that was demanded by spilling His own blood. The Son of God had to die--God had to die--in order for man to live. For God so loved...

    I would be careful how you continually put animals over men, when God even sacrificed His own Son for them. Not all of us believe in and obey the Son of God. Many of us are still borne along by our lusts, taking what we want. Many will most certainly take their unbelief into eternal punishment with them. You're efforts would be better spent knowing what He has done, what He's doing, than the affairs and sins of men. Are they unjust? Undeniably. But our Lord is just. Is He blind or deaf? No, He knows all things. What can we say, that He is running creation incorrectly? Can you do better than God, Lishia? Do you really trust Him to bring His justice to pass at the proper time?

    Reasons why I think I'm born in the wrong race/culture

    Have you not been reborn (John 1:12-13)? Then being Asian is obsolete and to be dispensed with entirely. You are to show the glory of God, the glory of a child of God. You have no business being Asian.

    Stop perturbing your life with all these worldly cares--the cares of the world--the things the world (those without Christ) cares about. Concentrate on Him and on what pleases Him (Matthew 6:33), and though your life may continue in turmoil, you will be focused on the right thing. If you focus on the wrong thing, you lose power; if you focus on Christ, you have all-power.

    I say these things to you because I love you, Lishia, and I would like to see you truly prosper--for you will not the way you are going.

    I pray that you come to fully recognize the call of God on your life and bring glory to Him in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete